Tuesday, September 16, 2003

A good piece at Slate... really!

William Saletan writes a piece at Slate today entitled, "Pious Bias: Lies and the lying liars who attribute them to the other party." Saletan's point is that basically the Democrats play just as dirty as the Republicans. While I'm not sure if I agree with every example he offers of Republican dirty-play, what I do emphatically agree with him on is this: neither side is white as snow. The money quote:
    I'm not excusing the games Republicans play. But by projecting all evil onto Republicans, Democrats spread the same political disease: the notion that you don't have to be wary of lying or cheating unless the other side is doing it. Lying and cheating don't belong to Republicans or Democrats. We're all susceptible, and we're all guilty.
I agree.

No comments: