Wednesday, September 17, 2003

Bill's Booklist

A great recommended list of books from Bill Cork for "a college student interested in faith, philosophy and the Catholic Church":
    The Catechism of the Catholic Church.
    Thomas Merton, The Seven Storey Mountain.
    Peter Kreeft, Christianity for Modern Pagans (or any of his books, for that matter!).
    Lorenzo Albacete, God at the Ritz.
    Luigi Giusanni, The Religious Sense.
    ___________, At the Origin of the Christian Claim.
    ___________, Why the Church?
    John Paul II, Fides et Ratio (on the relationship between faith and reason).
    ___________, Veritatis Splendor.
I haven't read Merton's book, nor have I completed the second & third volumes of Giussani's trilogy, and I haven't read that particular Kreeft text... nonetheless, I can say that this really is an excellent list of texts, and I'd highly recommend them as well.

No comments: