Saturday, June 21, 2003

New link

In my recent comments discussion at Mac Swift's blog I met a Protestant-turned-Orthodox blogger named Karl Thienes. He and I were jointly dialoguing with Mac about the nature of Christianity in its first centuries of existence (Mac, unfortunately, is so anti-Catholic that he is ready to believe such things as this: St. Ignatius of Antioch, bishop and martyr c. 90 AD, deliberately and systematically misrepresented Docetism in his letters; in other words, Mac is very ready to believe that Docetism represented "true Christianity," while St. Ignatius represents what would later become idol-worshipping, paganistic Catholicism [how Mac deals with Orthodoxy is unclear here]). {Update: Mac points out in a comment at this post his views on Ignatius, clarifying what I wrote here.}

While we are both about done with our Mac dialogue for the time being, I'm happy to recommend Karl's blog, which is now permalinked to the left.

No comments: