Wednesday, June 04, 2003

Heroes & Villains

Did anybody else watch AFI's Top 100 Heroes and Villains last night on CBS? Through some sort of polling process, AFI presented the top 50 heroes and top 50 villains (or bottom 50, depending on how you look at it, I suppose) in film. Some of the entries were a bit wierd: villain #20 was Man in Bambi, killing Bambi's mom. And when they had Thelma and Louise in the Hero category, I said, "Huh?" to my wife. But other than those and a couple other quirks, and of course some personal disagreement in ordering (I though Maximus from Gladiator should've been higher than #50), I tended to agree.

Spoiler alert! I'm listing the top 3 of each below...




The top three heroes:
3. James Bond
2. Indiana Jones
1. Aticus Finch (To Kill a Mockingbird)

Top three villains:
3. Darth Vader
2. Norman Bates
1. Hannibal Lecter

No comments: