Tuesday, April 20, 2004

A Train on a Circular Track

Fyodorovna -- current Lutheran, former Catholic -- offers her thoughts on Josh's argument, which I linked below. She doesn't think that Josh's argument will convince many Catholics -- about that, she's right -- because whether your an orthodox Catholic or not, "the primacy of a personal commitment to the institution(!)" nullifies the most determined efforts to help Catholics see the truth.

Fyodorovna's argument reminds me of what a friend wrote to me some years ago. He -- currently an LCMS pastor, then a seminarian -- accused me of having a completely circular thought process, akin to a bullet train on a circular track. His point was similar to hers: I kept pointing back to the human institution of the Church.

I have to cut this post short... I'll return to the thought later.

No comments: