Wednesday, December 18, 2002

LOTR: The Two Towers

Saw it tonight... outstanding. I think I had hyped it up too much in my own mind, but it was still a terrific movie.

Gollum was amazing... I pitied him more than I did when I read the books. ROTK is going to be especially interesting on that front...

Aragorn acts as the king-in-waiting he is... I was a little disappointed with his portrayal in FOTR, but I think he was my favorite character in TTT.

Helm's Deep pretty much lived up to its billing.

Elves and bows: cool.

Ents: pretty good. I wish the Isengaard scene had been longer, but it was still very enjoyable.

TTT moved very quickly... as some critics have written, it went too quickly! (That's not at all a negative... when the movie ended, I was hoping it wouldn't.)

Bring on ROTK!!! (After a number of repeat viewings of TTT, of course.)

No comments: