Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Book Meme

So a while back (a couple weeks ago, I think) I was tagged (by both Sharon and Melanie) in the "book meme" that's making its rounds in blogdom. In it, you answer some questions and then tag five people yourself. So here goes...

1. How many books do you own?

Oh, several hundred, maybe 1000-1500.

2. What was the last book you bought?

Hmm... I guess it was one of the following: Looking for God in Harry Potter, How the Catholic Church Built Western Civilization, or Building a Healthy Culture: Strategies for an American Renaissance.

3. What was the last book you read?

Cover-to-cover? Boy... I'm not sure. I've got so many that I'm reading at any particular moment, and which I don't necessarily read entirely, that this is a tough one to answer. It may have been Surprise, Security, and the American Experience, but I think I've read something else cover-to-cover since then...

4. What are some books that have meant a lot to you?

Wow... um... let's see... Ratzinger's Introduction to Christianity, de Lubac's Splendor of the Church, von Balthasar's Short Primer for Unsettled Laymen, and more recently Tracey Rowland's Culture and the Thomist Tradition: After Vatican II and Giussani's The Religious Sense. Yeah, they're all theological :-)

5. Tag! You're it:

Bill Cork, Carl Olson, Mo, Kevin Miller, and Thomas. (I've any of you have already been tagged, just let me know!)

No comments: