Sunday, March 02, 2003

CL's charism

Over the last couple of years, I've become interested in the writings of Italian priest Msgr. Luigi Giussani. I must confess that I have yet to read any of the volumes in his trilogy completely -- I'm suffering from a sort of literary paralysis, in that I've got too many great books to read and I can't decide where to begin, so I don't begin at all!

But anyway... Msgr. Giussani is the founder of one of the well-known modern religious movements in Catholicism, Communion and Liberation. I have some good friends who are members, and others who have inquired into the movement. One of those friends has purchased a gift subscription to the CL magazine, Traces, for my wife and myself.

But in the discussions I've had and the reading I've done, I have yet to put my finger on the charism of CL; I have a vague, nebulous idea of how CL understands itself and sees its role in the Church, but I've been unable to articulate it even to myself, let alone someone else.

So, if there is someone out there who is involved in or familiar with CL, I'd love to hear from you, either via email or in the comments.

Thanks!

No comments: