Saturday, July 27, 2002

The Vikes

One of the benefits that our relocation brings is the ability for me to catch more games of that team that every Minnesotan has a love-hate relationship with, the Minnesota Vikings (or Viqueens, as my seventh grade social studies teacher put it). Most national commentators have written off this coming season for the Vikes, chaulking it up to rebuilding; I can certainly understand why. Nonetheless, I think they're going to surprise a lot of people and win more games than most expect. Hey, they still have Daunte Culpepper and Randy Moss, who apparently is going to get 40% of the offense's plays directed to him. Some might think doing so is foolish -- it's practically inviting a double team. But guess what? Moss already gets double-teamed on most plays. I say, throw him the ball anyway... let him outjump both defenders.

I'd like to point out that Mark Byron also expects to see a few more W's than others do from the Vikes: he expects they'll win the NFC North!

Speaking of Mark, by the way, I'd like congratulate him on his marriage earlier this month... Congrats, Mark!

No comments: